Friday, May 23, 2008

Pain in my... leg?!

About 30 minutes into my workout on the treadmill this afternoon I got the worst cramp in my leg. When I say worst, I'm not exaggerating at all... This cramp was so horrible that the pain radiated all the way down into my big toe before starting over again just below my knee. I could have easily mistaken this pain for someone ripping my calf muscle away from my body with their bare hands. I made it to 50 minutes before I got off the treadmill and dragged my dead leg back to the car... The cramping is gone now. I think using a cardio machine other than the treadmill may be a good idea. Tomorrow I will split up my workout, half on the treadmill and half on the elliptical machine. Hopefully this helps...

I haven't weighed myself today and I don't plan to weigh myself until Tuesday. I don't know how I feel about this quite yet... I like being able to jump on the scale and see how lunch or dinner or the workout I just got back from made a difference. With that said, not knowing what my weight is each day will hopefully push me to workout hard and stick to my diet so that I'm not disappointed at weigh in day.

Tonight was my friend Teri's going away party. She leaves for boot camp on Wednesday... Needless to say I will miss her more than I can explain. The party was fun... Her boyfriend has some really hilarious friends. Teri tried to shove cake down my throat and normally I would have let her (note my sarcasm) but tonight I put my foot down. Anyway, I love Teri and I hope boot camp is fun (I don't know if that is possible).

No comments: