Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Beginning... Kinda

May 8, 2008 I began a new diet, errr... made a lifestyle change in hopes of dropping a ton of weight that I've allowed to inhabit my body for way to long. I say a "ton" because I have ALOT to lose and at this point refuse to disclose that information to anyone. Call it insecurity if you will, I call it the makings of a mystery =P Maybe I'll be more inclined to share in the future but probably not. The only way I'd utter my weight out loud is if I was announcing it on Oprah! I'd probably do a lot of things for Oprah to be quite honest... I won't get into that now though.

So fast forward to today, May 21, 2008... Because I'm a total celeb-reality junky, I decided I should commit myself to Dr. Ian, of VH1's Celebrity Fit Club and his book, the title which I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure you can find it. This diet consists of four phases which I'll probably talk about more as I move through the phases. I have successfully made it through Phase 1, the detox. That was totally easy for me... Just really expensive. And am now beginning Phase 2 the foundation. It has been about 11 days and I have lost 13lbs, which makes my jaw hit the ground! In these past 11 days, I have worked out for all of them except 2... Currently, I am up to walking 45 minutes a time on the treadmill in the "fat burning" heart rate range... pretty cool for a fat chick like me.

Now that I've caught you all up.... I had the bright idea 5 minutes ago to document my lifestyle change for a couple of different reasons. The first being... when something gets hard, particularly dieting, I'm really awesome at giving up and not feeling a bit of remorse for being a quitter. Hopefully I can make a couple of blog buddies that are in search of mutual support and verbal abuse when said quitter attitude rears its ugly head. Secondly (and finally), it could be pretty cool to look back at my progress.

So, I hope someone decides to read and stick around as I work towards becoming "this former fat chick".

No comments: